November 16, 2022 at 11:00 a.m.
By Trevor Underwood, DECRA Metal Roofing.
Calling all roofing contractors! Submissions are officially open for the 2022 DECRA Metal Roofing Project of the Year Award. Here’s how to enter the contest!
Now is the time to start submitting your projects to be recognized as the winner of the 2022 DECRA Metal Roofing Project of the Year! We are accepting submissions until December 1, 2022, so send in your submission today to win bragging rights, prizes, featured blogs and more!
The DECRA Metal Roofing Project of the Year recognizes the craftsmanship and style of contractors who install DECRA roofs.
DECRA Metal Roofing Project of the Year rules
Here is how to enter:
- Contractors can submit high-resolution images, along with project details by December 1, 2022.
- The project must use DECRA Metal Roofing profiles.
- The project must be completed in 2022.
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Contractors may (and are encouraged to) submit more than one project!
At the end of the year, six finalists will be chosen by an internal DECRA Metal Roofing panel. Entries will be judged on craftsmanship and uniqueness. Once the six finalists are determined, the images will be posted to Facebook and voting will open to all DECRA followers through a poll.
The project with the most votes on the poll will be awarded the 2022 DECRA Metal Roofing Project of the Year.
Each year the prizes get bigger and better, with this year’s winner receiving the following.
- Your choice of the Swenson Shear Stone Cutter ($895 value) or Swenson Shear Base and Ridge Bender ($3,995 value): The Stone Coat Cutter is designed for use on a multitude of metal roof applications from stone coated metal shake and shingles, to 14-gauge stainless flat sheets. The Stone Coat Cutter is equipped with a 34-inch blade that is made of long-lasting, high carbon steel. This go-to tool is safe, efficient and will give you a clean cut every time. The Base and Ridge Bender is a combination tool used for bending stone coated steel to control water from blowing into the metal roof system. The base bender bends stone coated steel panels at the rakes, side walls, hips and valley to control water from moving sideways into the roof. The ridge bender is used anywhere on the panels where there’s a short course in the field, head wall and ridge.
- Three-month R-CLUB membership ($150 value) from RoofersCoffeeShop. Your membership gets you an interactive directory, media opportunities, a digital toolkit and more.
- One-year subscription to RooferAdvice ($100 value). This subscription gets you a free listing, where you can provide information about your roofing business to homeowners looking for contractors who install DECRA Metal Roofing.
- Project feature on the DECRA blog, dedicated case study and social media promotion.
Submissions are accepted through December 1, 2022. Finalists will be determined by December 6, 2022 and the following day voting will open on Facebook. People can vote on their favorite project until December 21, 2022. The winner will be announced January 3, 2023.
What if I don’t install DECRA metal roofing?
While all entries must use DECRA products to be considered for the Project of the Year, it’s easy to start installing DECRA Metal Roofing!
The demand for metal roofing has doubled in recent years, making it the second most popular material for residential homes. By adding DECRA products to your service offerings, you’ll tap into a lucrative market of homeowners who aren’t willing to sacrifice on style or strength. Plus, most homeowners interested in metal roofing value durability and longevity over trying to find the cheapest option.
To start, join the DECRA Contractor Network. Joining the DECRA Contractor Network is free and easy. The DECRA Contractor Network connects qualified homeowner leads with experienced roofing contractors. Additional benefits of joining the network include access to exclusive contractor rebate programs, marketing materials and special offers.
All qualified contractors who install or are looking to install DECRA metal roofing are eligible to join the DECRA Contractor Network.
Second, we encourage you to check out DECRA’s Knowledge Base. Here, you’ll find how-to guides and videos that demonstrate the proper installation techniques for DECRA roofs.
Original article source: DECRA